Re: un-deprecating CL

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: un-deprecating CL
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:33:18 +0200

Richard Stallman wrote:
    > It is added complexity that we don't need.  To add them to standard
    > Emacs Lisp functions would call for documenting them with great
> importance.
    But defcustom, make-hash-table, define-derived-mode,
    make-network-process, etc all use keyword arguments as far as I can
tell.
That's not cogent.  The fact that one part of the system is complex is
no reason to make another part unnecessarily complex.

If you want to understand my decision, the crucial point is that I consider
the complexity of these functions a negative.

If the keyword argument handling is broken out and generalized will it still add much complexity? (This could be combined with making a recommendation not to use that functionality normally.)