Re: Gtk+ stock tool bar icons

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Gtk+ stock tool bar icons
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 11:40:19 +0200

Reiner Steib skrev:
On Sat, Sep 29 2007, Jan Djärv wrote:

Reiner Steib skrev:
- Is (setq x-gtk-stock-map nil) the recommended way to disable themed
  icons?  Shouldn't we provide this as a custom option (also in Emacs
  trunk) and mention it in NEWS?  (BTW, the custom version should read
  22.2 if we keep it in EMACS_22_BASE, shouldn't it?)
The custom version should indeed be 22.2, I've fixed that.  If you think we
need another customize option to disable this, please feel free to add it.

On a second thought: Maybe `icon-map-list' seems more suitable to
disable it.  How about making it `icon-map-list' customizable and
improving the custom type of `x-gtk-stock-map' as follows?

Ok with me.

- Is my patch [3] correct?
No, the files should be "images/mail/...".

Are you saying without "etc/"?  I did it exactly like the present
elements:

Yes I know. But the document string says "file names without extension and with two directory components". The reason for this is to avoid having to search the image path first and then do the translation. Also, two is enough to distinguish the default setup.

     ("etc/images/search" . "gtk-find")
-    ("etc/images/exit" . "gtk-quit"))
+    ("etc/images/exit" . "gtk-quit")
+    ;; Used in MH-E and/or Gnus:
+    ("etc/images/attach.xpm" . "gtk-attach")
+    ("etc/images/connect.xpm" . "gtk-connect")

BTW, wouldn't it be better to strip "etc/images/" in the icon names
for consistency with the specification of the icons e.g. in
`tool-bar-add-item-from-menu' (cf. `image-load-path')?

I guess that would work also.  I'll fix that.

        Jan D.