Re: show minor-mode menu when you click its mode-line lighter

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: show minor-mode menu when you click its mode-line lighter
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 09:48:03 -0700 (PDT)

>     >     Example: Minor mode Icicles has lighter "Icy" in the mode
>     >     line, and it has a menu-bar menu `Icicles'. Whether or not
>     >     the menu-bar is showing, if you click the lighter "Icy" then
>     >     the `Icicles' menu pops up.
>     >
>     > It seems like a plausible feature.  What do others think?
>
>     No response. How about installing this patch?
>
> Does anyone else see this as useful?

Upon further reflection, it occurs to me that this might really be useful.
 I currently have the menu bar enabled, but the majority of its utility is
in presenting commands that are not global (I know C-x C-f, but maybe not
C-c C-d in Outline mode).  With access to the buffer-specific menus from
the mode line, I could perhaps get rid of the menu bar.

Davis

shipping.