Re: 23.0.50; Cannot run calculator on TTY

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; Cannot run calculator on TTY
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 23:03:24 +0200

We may be trying to say the same thing in two ways.  Basically, my
idea is that the minimum allowed number of lines in a window -- in
every sense -- would not depend on whether one of those lines
is used as a header line.

Since no one opted for the solution below I checked in a fix to do that.

    That's what I meant with "provide explicit (optional) parameters for
    `split-window-vertically' and `split-window-horizontally'".  This would
    also mean that the client of these functions (and `split-window') would
    have to set the corresponding (buffer-local) variables _before_ calling
    these.

Then we both had the same idea.  If people like this better, it is
fine with me.