Re: Is there a plan to record kbd macro as elisp code?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Is there a plan to record kbd macro as elisp code?
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 05:22:03 -0400

    Still, I fail to see the real need for the functionality.

    It may be ok as a way to get a starting point for an editing command,
    but only very trivial functions can be written that way anyway - and
    they are just as well written and saved as a series of keystrokes as
    they do now.

This feature would not be useful for people like you and me.
It is meant for people who are just starting to use Lisp.