Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 02:28:16 +0100

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
On 11/1/07, Lennart Borgman (gmail) <address@hidden> wrote:

Why not go the whole way and let the user choose which window border to
move?

You can always choose which window border to move by selecting the
right window, which is dead easy with windmove.el.

Maybe, but it seems impractical to me to have to learn a new scheme for that. Why not use something that is as similar as possible to what window managers do?

I know only the w32 window manager. That is what I have mimicked in bw-interactive.el (as close as possible).

I believe something functioning like that should be used. My main concern is that you should not have to learn and remember new details.