Re: recording-elisp.el - try recording commands as elisp code

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: recording-elisp.el - try recording commands as elisp code
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 19:15:29 -0500

    Users should love this if done properly. One complication is "generate this
    sequence of function calls using a different method." I mean we have to
    design an intuitive way to indicate the user where he has choices, and
    better show what choices he has.

Perhaps you can use `face' text properties to show the places where there is a
choice of strategies.  Then  commands such as C-c C-c and Mouse-3 could
be used to select among them.