Re: Moving files from lisp/gnus/ to lisp/net/?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Moving files from lisp/gnus/ to lisp/net/?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 15:03:20 -0500

>> password.el itself is in lisp/gnus/.  But we need a new function which
>> does password caching, whose arglist is similar to read-passwd's, and
>> whose name is longer than `read-passwd'.

>> What about this patch?

> Sorry for consecutive post but this might be better regarding argument
> order.

I think the docstring should make it very clear that the caller should
be careful to remove the password from the cache in case it turns out
not to be right.
Or even make it more clear that this is not the thing to use because the
password should only be added to the cache after checking its validity.

        Stefan