Re: parallel bootstrap failure; _prompt_? during bootstrap build

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: parallel bootstrap failure; _prompt_? during bootstrap build
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 21:28:12 -0500

    If my keyboard input is in some specific encoding, that generally
    means my text files, in particular those I feed instead of keyboard
    input, will tend to be encoded the same way.

All your keyboard input comes from you, but the files on your system
were not all written by you.  That is why Emacs tries to determine
the encoding of a file.  It does not follow keyboard-coding-system.