Speeding up vc-dired still more

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Speeding up vc-dired still more
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:52:02 -0500 (EST)

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>:
> That will show  1000 calls to vc-bzr-registered, vc-git-registered,
> vc-arch-registered, vc-svn-registered etc etc.

Not any more.  I've added a check against
completion-ignored-extensions, encapsulated in a new function called
vc-dired-ignorable-p.

Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic
weapons.  A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple
weapon -- so long as there is no answer to it -- gives claws to the
weak.
        -- George Orwell, "You and the Atom Bomb", 1945