Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 16:51:45 +0000 (UTC)

David Kastrup <address@hidden> said

    Emacs is not maintained with git ...

No, it is not.  RMS and many others obtain Emacs via CVS, but they or
he want to understand a newer version control system.

My Medieval merchants example was about understanding CVS and newer
version control systems.  And, as I said, people want `to be the
equivalent of what they are already' which in one case is to be in the
16th century and in the other is to be in the present.

    CVS does not work by Email ...

Right, it does not.  In other paragraphs, I talked about email.
Comments, like yours, come via email.

In those paragraphs, I talked about the fear that some would be
excluded because at times they are disconnected from the net, don't
want interruptions, or don't want you to adapt your work and sleep
pattern to them.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden