Re: Forwarding mails

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Forwarding mails
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:03:25 +0100

[ Including address@hidden, as it's becoming (only) Gnus related.  Feel
  free to strip emacs-devel on reply. ]

On Sun, Jan 20 2008, Glenn Morris wrote:

> Reiner Steib wrote:
>> Didn't C-d (`gnus-summary-enter-digest-group') work for you?
>
> Yes (in that it sends me to a buffer with two messages, one empty with
> subject (none) from nobody, one the original message);

I can't reproduce this.  After one `C-d', I get a summary buffer like
this:

| Martin Svenson        bugfix: python.el: completion in inferior python

With another `C-d', I get:

| m  n/a Martin Svenson        <* mixed> bugfix: python.el: completion [...]
|    n/a Martin Svenson        <1 text>
|    n/a Martin Svenson        <2 text> "python-el-completion-fix.patch"

> but I didn't know about that command.

I didn't know that `gnus-summary-enter-digest-group' can handle it,
but after someone mentioned some rmail undigest command, I just tried
it.  ;-)

> PS given that Gnus can discard duplicate messages, and the mailing
> list can be set to not send you duplicates anyway,

I'm not subscribed to emacs-devel, I read it via Gmane, so I don't get
duplicates in the first place.

> do you really need to insert a Mail-Followup-To header?

I split Cc-ed mailing list message to special Gnus group, so it's no
big deal to receive Cc's, but they are not necessary for me.  If it is
annoying for you, I try to avoid it in the future.

> It means Gnus starts composing my followup as to: rms, which makes
> little sense, since I'm replying to you.

Does `message-dont-reply-to-names' include your name or address?  In
this case, Gnus shouldn't reply to you, I think (I'm to lazy to look
into the code).

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,