Re: Simple Tasks, new TODO category

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Simple Tasks, new TODO category
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:21:41 +0000

address@hidden wrote:
A non-printable seems very obscure, though. I'd think using a (seldom)
printable (with a way to escape it, of course) might be more friendly.
Why not use underscore, as GTK does (and translate appropriately to the
target platform)?
XEmacs uses %_, which is even less likely to be used in a menu item name, and has the benefit of not appearing in any key binding so we wouldn't have to do any escaping of key bindings that are automatically added to the menu.