Re: Simple Tasks, new TODO category

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Simple Tasks, new TODO category
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:35:50 +0100

Lennart Borgman (gmail) skrev:
Jason Rumney wrote:
Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
But more simple could then be to have a function

   (setq menu-string (add-acc menu-string ?a))

I'm really not sure what the above means. A single global access-key is not going to be much use.

Sorry, I meant it to be used like

  (define-key help-map [nxhtml-report-bug]
    (list 'menu-item
          (add-acc "Report a Bug in nXhtml ..." ?b)
          'nxhtml-report-bug))

But what does it do?  There is no 'b' in "Report a Bug in nXhtml".

This kind of interface is very bad for internationalization. Although the string may get translated, how would we fix ?b in that case? So for that reason I prefer some special character. \001 as proposed sounds OK to me. It would then be straight forward for the platform specific code to translate it to '&' or '_'.

        Jan D.