RE: Simple Tasks, new TODO category

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Simple Tasks, new TODO category
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:14:15 -0800

> > Don't forget too that there are menu items that are constructed
> > dynamically. They include Imenu items, buffer names, and frame names.
>
> We could have a menu property such as :no-access-keys for such menus to
> suppress processing.

Wanting to suppress access from the keyboard is totally different from
wanting to use a "special" character in a menu item and not have it
interpreted as a keyboard accessor.

The right way is to provide a way to escape the special meaning for the
character, not to suppress the meaning (of being able to use an access key)
for the menu altogether.