RE: wrong-type-argument in gud-tooltip-mode

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: RE: wrong-type-argument in gud-tooltip-mode
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:43:05 +1300

 > The buffer that satisfies both the two predicates there is the buffer
 > " *partial-output-*", the value of its variable `gud-minor-mode' is
 > copied from the one inside `gud-comint-buffer', in my case it is
 > 'gdba.  Its name, " *partial-output-*", does not match the regular
 > expression too.  And of course it does not visit any file.

OK, I see I added a space in Dec 2006 to make the buffer invisible in
list-buffers but I still don't see why there is an error because
gdb-create-define-alist only uses the file as input if one exists:

              (call-process shell-file-name
                            (if (file-exists-p file) file nil)
                            (concat gdb-cpp-define-alist-program " "
                                    gdb-cpp-define-alist-flags))...

Also I've tried to reproduce the error in emacs-unicode-2 and on the trunk
but can't.

Can you please set debug-on-error to t, recreate the error and post the
lisp backtrace here?