Re: linum.el?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: linum.el?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:27:29 +0100

On Jan 30, 2008 10:00 PM, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've found that even "modular" new features can be pretty annoying in
> merging to the trunk -- even if they start out the same on both the
> trunk and branch, many files seem to nevertheless generate a lot of
> merge conflicts.

Miles, I know you shoulder most, if not all, the work in merging the
branches and the trunk, so I understand you position.

But the criteria for whether a package belongs to the release branch
or not should be mostly about its readiness and general usefulness.
How difficult is to maintain the branches synchronized it's IMHO
secondary (*only* as a criterion for inclusion, I hasten to repeat;
I'm not slighting you or the work you do).

That said, in the particular case of linum.el I don't have a strong
opinion for or against it being in 22.2. I find it useful and stable,
but I don't know if it is generally useful enough to merit increasing
your workload.

             Juanma