Still cannot build native windows version of emacs 23.*

From: Eric Lilja
Subject: Still cannot build native windows version of emacs 23.*
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 16:52:46 +0100

Hi, I just performed a fresh cvs checkout and tried to build a native windows version, using --enable-font-backend. I'm using a cygwin bash shell, with latest mingw make and cygwin's gcc in mingw mode (using -mno-cygwin). I've been building cvs versions of emacs this way for a few years now.

The bootstrap fails with:
mingw32-make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../lisp/international/charprop.el', needed by `DOC'. Stop. mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory `c:/blandat/editors/emacs/cvsemacs/emacs/lib-src'
mingw32-make: *** [all-other-dirs-gmake] Error 2

Still getting alot of these warnings (for all lisp files maybe):
Compiling url/url-ns.elWarning: Default coding system `iso-latin-1' disagrees with system codeset `cp1252' for this locale.
How do I avoid those in the build environment I briefly described above?

Noticed several warnings in syntax.c relating to comparison always true or false (can't remember which) due to limited range of data types or something like that. You probably know what I'm talking about.

Also noticed this:
In toplevel form:
term/mac-win.el:1146:1:Error: Invalid read syntax: "?"
Doesn't sound like an elisp package I use but might be of interest to a maintainer anyway.

Going to see if I can robustify my script now so it doesn't try to doing anything else if the bootstrap fails...

- Eric Lilja