Re: 23.0.60; How to make some libraries link statically via pkg-config f

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; How to make some libraries link statically via pkg-config files?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:51:47 +0100

Am 18.02.2008 um 20:32 schrieb Dan Nicolaescu:

Your problem lies in linking 2 versions of the same library. You should
only ever do that if you know exactly what you are doing, and know
details about the libraries and their users.

So, IMO, there's nothing that emacs should do about this.

Yes. And therefore I want to delegate this to ld to link those libraries that exist twice statically when I have control which library gets used. And since the information about the libraries to link comes from PC files, I need to patch them somehow.

In more detail: the version of libfontconfig in /usr/X11R6 is too old to be used by GNU Emacs, it misses some API elements (FC_WIDTH and FC_WEIGHT_REGULAR – or is it from libfreetype?), so that GNU Emacs cannot be compiled. So in this case I have to use the other libfontconfig (or libfreetype).

--
Greetings

  Pete

Atheism is a non prophet organization.