Re: 23.0.60; whitespace.el mishap

From: Rajesh Vaidheeswarran
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; whitespace.el mishap
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:41:04 -0500

Miles Bader wrote:
and had lots of unneeded features and features which didn't follow Emacs
conventions.  It doesn't seem necessary to me to _exactly_ preserve the
No one stopped you from either filing bugs against it, or better still
"fixing" it. That's pretty much all I have to state on this thread.

And indeed, that's what's being done now.

That's unfortunately not the case. The original library was moved to old-whitespace and a new library was put in place.. Fixing, to me, would mean that the fixes go into what was considered broken.