Re: compilation-mode needs a tool-bar

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: compilation-mode needs a tool-bar
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:14:53 +0100

Dan Nicolaescu skrev:
It seems pretty obvious that compilation mode needs a tool-bar.  Users
are used to tool-bars for this functionality from other environments,
and it's actually pretty useful

It could have buttons for:
   -next error
   -previous error
   -stop compilation
   -restart compilation
  Or maybe even better the "stop" button would turn into "restart" when
  the compilation is over.

Please add this.

I'm not so sure. I usually do those commands while editing in some source file. The only time I need to switch to the *compilation* buffer is when I wan't to go to a specific error (usually with mouse-1).

So adding all this to the tool bar of all buffers when a comilation exists seems a bit extreme. And having them in the tool bar for the *compilation* buffer is not a big help as I imagine most do like me and are seldom in that buffer anyway.

        Jan D.