Re: 23.0.60; Resizing may delete windows

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Resizing may delete windows
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 17:19:48 +0200

> Right, but in your message you referred to 1 and 2, rather than to
> window-min-(height|width).  As far as I can tell, we're discussing
> window resizing which is only affected by window-min-(height|width).
> MIN_SAFE_WINDOW_(HEIGHT|WIDTH) only affect window-min-(height|width), so
> it only affects resizing in a very indirect manner (e.g. we can scan
> all windows, reset window-min-(height|width) to valid values and the
> resize without paying attention to MIN_SAFE_WINDOW_(HEIGHT|WIDTH)).

shrink_windows is called with a min_size argument of 1 if shrinking
heights.  That's all I can observe.  The bug goes away when I call it
with min_size 2.

> Yes, but I do use 1-line-high windows, and disallowing them just because
> we can't be bothered to write the window-resize code in the right way
> isn't the right answer.

That's why shrink_windows would have to check for every window whether
it has a modeline and not resize it if it has one and its actual height
is 2.