Re: IDE features: M-x find-grep

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: IDE features: M-x find-grep
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 11:14:46 -0400

    Currently we have overly long menu Tools (28 items!), so
    moving search related commands to Edit->Search will make the
    Tools menu shorter.

Maybe you are right.  If so, it just goes to show we have been
too ready to add commands to menus.

Once this is done, one could reconsider the question of adding certain
commands.  Or replacing one by another.

But it will still (and always) be true that the right question is not
"is this command worth putting in the menu" but rather "what is the
best set of commands to have in this menu".

Please do not waste time arguing against this.