Re: newsticker-*.el files

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: newsticker-*.el files
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:21:25 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> No I don't really think emacs should worry too much about MSDOS support
>> all the same
>
> Neither do I.  No one expends any effort whatsoever on the DOS port
> except myself, for a very long time now.  I really don't understand
> the knee-jerk reaction this causes some people whenever I ask to
> rename a bunch of files

I think the reason is pretty simple actually:  People don't like the
resulting naming restrictions, especially given that there's at least a
perception (I don't have any hard data) that MSDOS is essentially dead
(there are no doubt industrial controllers and the like that still use
MSDOS or some derivative, but they're not a likely target for Emacs).

-Miles

--
Liberty, n. One of imagination's most precious possessions.