Re: sans-serif name change

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: sans-serif name change
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 22:35:59 +0900

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Ypu cannot use a dash in a font name in XFT.
>>
>> Eh?  Clearly you can,
>
> Try xfd -fa "Sans-Serif-8" and compare that with xfd -fa "Sans Serif-8".

Those commands give different results.

However, in Emacs, they give the same result; try:

   (set-frame-font "Sans Serif-8")

and:

   (set-frame-font "Sans-Serif-8")

Result:  same.

So the font-parser in xfd seems to be broken, whereas one in Emacs is
not.

Since we are discussing Emacs, there would seem to be no problem.

-Miles

--
Patience, n. A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.