Re: pgg-gpg.el - pgg-gpg-process-region timing problem

From: ken manheimer
Subject: Re: pgg-gpg.el - pgg-gpg-process-region timing problem
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:33:43 -0400

i've got some more datapoints, and they suggest that i'm experiencing
a local OS installation/incidentals problem.

first, as suggested by yidong, i've tested and reproduced the problemi
identically in an emacs 22 build from a CVS EMACS_22_2 tagged
checkout.  i need not refer to anything external but my pggprob.el
tester.  (i also noticed that i the first attempt in each session to
evoke the error does not demonstrate the problem.  it only shows on
the second and subsequent tries.)

conversely, i am unable to reproduce the problem on any other hosts
with much of my operating environment, but various instances of emacs
22 and 23 and different OS and gpg installations (including gentoo
under vmware, rhel 4, fedora 1).  in general there are too many
variables to draw any conclusions, unfortunately, but it's important
info.

all this kinda explains why i haven't heard any complaints from any
other allout encrypted-topics users, and why i may be unlikely to hear
such.  i still don't know what it is about my system that's causing
the problem.
--
ken
http://myriadicity.net