Re: Emacs vista build failures

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs vista build failures
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 13:06:16 -0400

    > I tried at one point to convince XFree86 to support the GNU
    > configuration spec.  I even found a volunteer to implement that as a
    > wrapper around their existing configuration mechanism.  But they did
    > not consider such compatibility very important, and I don't think they
    > installed this wrapper.

    Note that the current standard X distribution, Xorg, now uses gnu auto*
    tools for configuration.

That is good news, but the general problem remains
as far as I know.  Has there been a general move towards
supporting the GNU configure and build specs?  That would make
it much easier to build a whole system from source.