Re: Emacs vista build failures

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: Emacs vista build failures
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 14:34:46 -0700

Richard M Stallman wrote:
I'm interested in seeing what ideas you have for improving our
build and installation specs, etc.  I have cc'd Karl Berry
hoping that in a few days he will set up another list where we can
discuss that.

Thank you.   I hope that will develop into a productive conversation
rather than a dud.

I should caution that between now and a few days into August I
will be very busy because we're in the middle of a household move.
I have lots of packing to do, shelves to build, etc.    So I will have
to get off to a slow start in that discussion.    (This is probably
helpful, as a side effect:  I can better collect and organize my
thoughts that way.)

I trust that Karl will ping us when the mailing list is ready.

And thanks for explaining that the harsh-sounding words were not meant
that way.

I am consistently surprised at the different measures I find among
people I know about what is or is not harsh, insulting, etc.   This
is both in reaction to things I say and in reaction to things others
say.

-t