Re: isearch in Dired

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: isearch in Dired
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 03:33:04 +0300

> ls-lisp uses `dired-filename'.  And IIRC wdired.el as well.
> Not sure why Tramp uses something else, but that should probably be
> investigated and explained/fixed.

OK, at least I will use `dired-filename' for Dired filename Isearch.

> The other comment I have is that I'd like to be able to toggle the kind
> of search from within isearch.  Currently within `isearch', we have M-c,
> M-r to toggle the case sensitivity and the use of regexps, and it would
> make sense to provide additional such toggles for "word search" (tho it
> might rather be folded into the regexp-toggle since there are really
> only 3 possible states, not 4), and (in dired buffers) toggle-filename
> and in some other buffers, other such things would make sense.
> We should come up with a prefix key in isearch to replace M-c and M-r
> and to give us space for extra toggles.

Such a prefix already exists in Isearch, so we could use `M-s f' to
toggle filename-only Isearch.

As for 3-state regexp/word toggles, I currently have no idea for a
good key: "r" means "regexp" and "w" means "word", but I don't see
what a key would be common for them.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/