Re: mouse wheel scrolling in gtk

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: mouse wheel scrolling in gtk
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:45:20 +0900

Joachim Nilsson <address@hidden> writes:
> This is a bit counter intuitive since other Gtk/Gnome applications honor
> this.  I.e. you can mouse-wheel-scroll any of an applications parts
> without having to first click/focus that part of the application.
>
> Can this be fixed, or is there perhaps some configuration setting that I
> have missed?

C-h v mouse-wheel-follow-mouse RET

   `mouse-wheel-follow-mouse' is a variable defined in `mwheel.el'.

   Whether the mouse wheel should scroll the window that the mouse is over.
   This can be slightly disconcerting, but some people prefer it.

[I set this to t myself, and I think the default value is kind of silly
personally...]

-Miles

--
`...the Soviet Union was sliding in to an economic collapse so comprehensive
 that in the end its factories produced not goods but bads: finished products