Re: line-move-visual never set to nil?

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: line-move-visual never set to nil?
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 01:42:15 +0100

On 30 Jul 2008, at 01:31, Miles Bader wrote:

David Reitter <address@hidden> writes:
How about new functions for the visual movement, and binding the arrow
keys to that?  There could be a mode to bind the keys, and this mode
could default to on.

No.

The arrow keys should _not_ be "special".

I've been misunderstood. I also meant to bind C-n/C-p to the new functions.

But if keyboard macros don't record the invoked functions, but key presses, then that won't help of course.
This is only about backwards compatibility!

If a user records a new macro using movement keys, then they should get the new behavior, of course...