Re: vc-git bug with top-level repositories

From: Claus
Subject: Re: vc-git bug with top-level repositories
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:12:18 +0200

Hi Mathias,

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Mathias Megyei <address@hidden> wrote:
>[...]
> Couldn't we tell Emacs by setting a variable which VCS we are using?
> Because we don't plan to use any other VCS than Git I could add the
> necessary code to the company wide site-start.el file.
> I could even set a variable with the path to the Git repository.

You can at least limit the backends Emacs is looking for by setting
"vc-handled-backends". I did this in my .emacs as soon as I learned
that Emacs otherwise scans for 6(?) possible backends each time you
open a file!

(setq vc-handled-backends '(SVN Git))

...since I have GIT and Subversion installed on my machine.

HTH,
Claus