Re: vc-git bug with top-level repositories

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: vc-git bug with top-level repositories
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 16:07:33 -0400

   So I dug deeper and it seems like the culprit (at least in my
   situation) is in the function vc-find-root:

Thank you for doing this.

   I'm not yet sure if this is a bug or a feature and will perhaps
   patch the code for myself once I've found a better solution (or
   understand why checking the owner would make sense - on Windows
   anyway).

I think that the optimisation as is, is a bug.  But not the gist of
it.  If the test is just to see if it is a git repo, then we can be
lazy, and let git figure it out for us; executing `git status' will
return non-zero for a git repo.

In either case, I think the current code is wrong, you might have a
shared repository among users, the initial creator is not the
commiter.