emacs daemon on M$? [was: emacs daemon on win32?]

From: dhruva
Subject: emacs daemon on M$? [was: emacs daemon on win32?]
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:13:37 +0530

Hello,

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 12:33 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:45:19 +0530
>> From: dhruva <address@hidden>
>>
>>  I was hoping to have emacs daemon on M$ platforms. I did a quick hack
>> by enabling is_daemon (through the debugger - easier than modifying
>> the source) to see where it groks. From my limited understanding, the
>> 'sys_select' with following message.
>>
>> warning: select.WaitForMultipleObjects (2, 4406) failed with 6
>>
>> If am in the process of debugging it further, if someone has already
>> explored this path, please let me know or guide me.
>
> Why does it make sense to have this on Windows?  What would you like
> to accomplish with this option on Windows?

I really do not have a very strong case. However, I would like to have
emacs run as a service on M$. I can open frames and edit files, open
frame to read mails and close it when done. Having emacs run as a
service has unlimited uses. I could use it to run some remote commands
(once I have it running on remote machines).
 If you have seen STAF (software test automation framework) to
dispatch commands to remote machines, I would use emacs instead. It
can become a highly customizable control center!

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!