Re: Problem building emacs from CVS under MSWindow due to CR/LF and adds

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: Problem building emacs from CVS under MSWindow due to CR/LF and addsection
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:13:19 +0200

Hello,
> I always check-out the CVS tree with -kb option, and thus I never have
> these problems. Can you try that?

I have tried it and it goes far beyond what it used to. However I get a
lot of errors like this

Error: charsets directory (c:/Programme/GNU/Emacs/etc/charsets) does not
exist.

`c:/Programme/GNU/Emacs' is the prefix with I supplied. I am surprised
by this error, because I thought that the prefix directory is not tested
during the build (make bootstrap) but only during the installation (make
install). Currently c:/Programme/GNU/Emacs contains version 22.2.1 on my
machine, and I made the build from within Emacs.

Final error is this:

mingw32-make[1]: *** No rule to make target
`../lisp/language/european.elc', needed by `DOC'. Stop.

Best regards,
Vincent.

I attached the log for information.

Discutez sur Messenger où que vous soyez ! Mettez Messenger sur votre mobile !