Re: VC filesets

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: VC filesets
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:55:30 -0400

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

> Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   > I'm currently updating the Emacs manual, and I need someone to clarify
>   > how VC filesets work in the new VC.
>   >
>   > If the current buffer is in a version controlled file, does the default
>   > VC fileset ALWAYS consist of just that one file?
>
> Yep.
> (in case you want to look at the details, the function that deals with
> this is vc-deduce-fileset).

That's what I thought.

But in that case, what's the meaning of this paragraph in files.texi?
It seems to be saying that `C-x v v' automatically DTRT outside of VC
dir mode by including the file in a changeset.

     If you are accustomed to earlier versions of VC, the change in
  behavior you will notice is in the directory mode.  Other than
  @kbd{C-x v v}, most VC-mode commands once operated on only one file
  selected by the line the cursor is on.  The change in the behavior of
  @kbd{C-x v v} outside VC Directory Mode is more subtle.  Formerly it
  operated in parallel on all marked files, but did not pass them to the
  version-control backends as a group.  Now it does, which enables VC to
  drive changeset-based version-control systems.