Re: vc-git-show-log-entry

From: Karl Chen
Subject: Re: vc-git-show-log-entry
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 00:23:22 -0700

    Dan> It moves to the beginning for me.  What version of emacs
    Dan> are you using?

22.2, and I also mentioned what happens with CVS HEAD in my first
email (though I only tested the relevant functions, didn't build
the entire thing).  It only happens 90% of the time for me, I
think because of a race condition from running the subprocess
asynchronously.

    >> As I said, if you undo the latest commit to vc-git.el, that
    >> fixes it, but I suggest this replacement altogether.
    >>
    >> (defun vc-git-show-log-entry (rev) (log-view-goto-rev
    >> (vc-git-rev-parse rev)))

    Dan> Not sure if adding yet another git invocation here is a
    Dan> good idea.  Please run your change by Alexandre Julliard.

Ah, I assumed you were the one to talk to since you made the
change and you replied to my email.  Is Alexandre not on this
mailing list?