Re: multi-threaded Emacs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: multi-threaded Emacs
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 13:41:22 +0900

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:
> The promise of threads isn't just that it can fix these, but that it
> opens Emacs to new applications without hurting usability.  Maybe
> there are other ways to accomplish the same thing, though.

I think most of these things _could_ be done by judicious use of process
filters etc... but it's a big pain, maybe requiring completely
re-designing various parts of gnus.  My hope is that with cooperative
threading, the changes required would be far smaller, maybe even just
sticking in calls to (yield) at strategic locations.

-miles

--
Alliance, n. In international politics, the union of two thieves who have
their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pockets that they cannot