Changing font in Emacs-22.3 (Windows)

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Changing font in Emacs-22.3 (Windows)
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 01:11:26 +0100

In the following I am referring to [1]

I start Emacs with a link to 'runemacs', created with addpm, and without
any .emacs in the user profile directory.

Then I change the default font (Courier New 10) to (Bitstream Vera Sans
Mono 11) with Options/Set Font... The font changes correctly. Then I
choose 'Save Options'... but when I restart Emacs it still uses (Courier
New 10)! Now in the user profile dir. I find .emacs.d, but it does not
seem to store what I have tried to save...

I have tried with 'Customize Emacs', but I was not able to find
something useful.

So, if it isn't a bug (in my mind 'Save options', should save the
options!) what I have missed? What can I add to an .emacs file to set
(Bitstream Vera Sans Mono 11) as default?

Thanks,
   Angelo.

---
[1] ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-22.3-bin-i386.zip