Re: tags for functions

From: MON KEY
Subject: Re: tags for functions
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 03:07:23 -0500

>2) refine the keywords into a simple taxonomy that is not too big nor too
>small.
> The first question I have is, how to associate keywords with a function?

Keep in mind that a taxonomic description of code's content/concepts
is entirely different from a coded object class hierarchy - the
distinction is subtle and all to often overlooked... esp. by
programmers who *are* in fact quite adept at creating taxonomy in
code.

Please consider examining the following standard for a comprehensive
approach to accomplishing this task with optimal consideration of TRT.

ANSI/NISO Z39.19-2005
Guidelines for the Construction, Format, and Management of Monolingual
Controlled Vocabularies
ISBN: 1-880124-65-3

Available here: http://www.niso.org/standards/resources/Z39-19-2005.pdf