Re: request: make-frame-visible hook

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: request: make-frame-visible hook
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:09:22 -0500

      The make-frame-visible
    event is very useful for, e.g. updating buffer-tracking notification in
    modules like erc-track (in erc)

Could you explain why it is useful to keep track of which frames
are visible?

                                    or tracking (in circe) when a frame is
    made visible because of changing desktops/workspaces in a window
    manager.

Could you explain what that means?  Why does changing desktops affect
frame visibility?  The window manager I use (a common one) offers 4
desktops in parallel, but I don't think switching between them has any
effect on Emacs frame visibility, because the frames on other desktops
are nonetheless visible.