Re: Randomise spawning apples in snake.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Randomise spawning apples in snake.el
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 20:57:07 -0400

> This is my first quick modification to emacs.  I hope I've produced the
> .diff correctly, if not, please yell at me for not correctly reading the
> submission guidelines.

Please use "diff -u" to get context diffs which are more readable for
humans and more robust (they can often be applied to slightly different
versions of the file).

> (Also: I apologise if this is not  the correct place
> to submit patches - I didn't see anything about code  submission on
> savannah. Please advise if necessary.)

This is the right place.

> The modification changes snake.el so that new apples will be spawned at
> random locations rather than being deposited behind the snake.  I  intended
> to govern the spawn rate based on score, however, since the  game speed
> increases I decided this was unnecessary.

We're in pretest for Emacs-23.1, so new features like this one are
currently on-hold for now.  But thank you for your submission, we'll
reconsider it once we open up the trunk for new changes for Emacs-23.2.

        Stefan