Re: Why Emacs should have a good web-browser

From: Adam Wołk
Subject: Re: Why Emacs should have a good web-browser
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 23:48:23 +0200

Conkeror can be connected both ways with Emacs using mozrepl so I can
imagine (but can't confirm) that one could implement a feature that
would  send website text content directly to emacspeak.

If I understand what you are saying, the text would be sent to the
speech server but not be rendered in an emacs buffer.  This will not
work as it would prevent scrolling through the text, killing/yanking,
sending URLs to other processes (mplayer and pdf2text come to mind).
I'm not even sure how that would work with emacspeak as it relies on
emacs to get its input... at least that is how I understand it.

I wrongly expressed what I had in mind by 'sending directly to emacspeak'.
What I was trying to say is that the text could be pulled over from the browser
to Emacs which would trigger emacspeak to read it. This of course was a
mistake on my side as I have no experience with emacspeak and wrongly assumed how emacspeak is used and works. I stand corrected now but still never meant to imply
that Emacs would be excluded from the browsing process.