Re: advice needed for multi-threading patch

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: advice needed for multi-threading patch
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 08:54:24 +0900

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Juri Linkov<address@hidden> wrote:
>> There are a huge number of scheme implementations now; even thinking
>> just about scheme, is guile still competitive?
>
> Among all Scheme implementations Guile is in the same position
> as bzr among all DVCSs - it is the "official" selection for the
> GNU project.

I'm not asking about labels, I'm asking about merit.

>>> and the only serious contender is Clojure that could integrate
>>> with Emacs the same way as it does with Java.
>>
>> Why?  There are tons of random little languages around now,
>
> Clojure is a little language with a big impact.

Clojure has been very hyped, but it's still far from clear it will
have any lasting impact.

Anyway, clojure (or at least its engine) has merit, but it seems very
premature to call it "the only serious contender."

-Miles

--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.