Re: build broken: no defun org-float-time. Who's guilty, and what does

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: build broken: no defun org-float-time. Who's guilty, and what does he propose?
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 19:05:32 +0900

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:
> This is a serious process bug we have, we've had for years, and we MUST
> fix.  If it's not fixed soon, I'm just going to give up on Emacs
> maintenance and bid the project goodbye.  The pain level is too high.

I agree that this sort of thing can be annoying, but the procedure for
dealing with such things is well known and not particular onerous:
"make bootstrap" (could be a bit onerous if you've got a very slow
machine though)

Moreover, it happens very rarely -- I'd guess only a few times a year,
and far less often than the more usual sort of problem where somebody
just committed a bogus change that simply doesn't compile (though that
kind of problem is fairly rare too).

I don't know how you get "the pain level is too high" out of that...

-Miles

--
Arrest, v. Formally to detain one accused of unusualness.