Re: CEDET merge

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: CEDET merge
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 01:52:36 -0400

"Eric M. Ludlam" <address@hidden> writes:

> Does the Emacs integrated CEDET no longer use mode-local to call
> semantic-new-buffer-fcn?  That could be good news.  The hooks available
> in Emacs to detect a change in major mode for mode-local.el have been
> challenging to get right, and I think they can still sometimes not work
> right.

No, semantic-new-buffer-fcn is still called from mode-local.  I was
proposing to move the parser setup functions from the mode hooks into
semantic-new-buffer-fcn.  That way, we can parse an existing buffer
(e.g., a buffer that already exists by the time Semantic is enabled, or
a buffer that Srecode wants to parse without enabling Semantic
globally), simply by calling semantic-new-buffer-fcn.