Re: persistent lisp objects

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: persistent lisp objects
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 17:03:13 -0400

    > The copyright on compiler output follows the copyright on the input
    > that was compiled.  In other words, the copyright holder of the input
    > also has the copyright on the output.

    So, if the output produced of the compiler originates by a method
    dispatched on a
    subclassed object it would be under GPL?

I do not follow you.
I am not sure what scenario you mean.

There are two questions here (and in any such case): who holds the
copyright, and whether there is any constraint on the license that the
copyright holder can release under.  What I spoke about is who holds
the copyright.

    What of cases where one or more methods so specialized act in concert to
snarf
    data from some other source(s) where these sources are extraneous to the
local
    handlers - e.g. the GPL'd objects/methods?

    data -> object -> method -> compiled-output

That is very abstract.  It is hard to consider these issues in the abstract.
Only a concrete scenario has all the details that affect the answer.