Re: switch-to-completions

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: switch-to-completions
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 10:48:42 -0500

> After scrolling with the help of `minibuffer-complete' or
> `minibuffer-complete-backward' to the middle of a long list
> of completions, and typing `M-v' or <prior> (bound to
> `switch-to-completions') to select a completion item using
> keyboard, point jumps to the beginning of the *Completions*
> buffer, thus requiring to scroll to the middle of the list
> again.  I suppose moving point to the first item is necessary
> only in the new *Completions* buffer:

Yes, that makes sense.  An alternative would be to make
minibuffer-completion-help itself do the (search-forward "\n\n" nil t),
which would seem to make more sense (e.g. minibuffer-completion-help is
the function that fills the buffer and presumably knows that this \n\n
exists and is it the right place, whereas switch-to-completions only can
assume that minibuffer-completion-help places a \n\n at the right place).

        Stefan