Re: Bad choice of license in BzrForEmacsDevs

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: Bad choice of license in BzrForEmacsDevs
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 20:44:45 +0200

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 21:30:27 -0600, Karl Fogel <address@hidden> wrote:
>> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrForEmacsDevs
>> allows GPL version 2, but not the current version.
>
>> This is not a good thing.  Would the author(s) please change it to
>> allow future versions of the GNU GPL as well?  The documentation we
>> recommend to Emacs developers has to set a good example for licensing
>> as well as have useful information.
>
> I wrote most of that page, and would be happy to change "2" to "3" in
> the blurb, but don't see how to do so.  It appears to be an
> administrative function of the EmacsWiki site, and I'm not sure how to
> change it, nor whether it can be changed on a per-page basis.

EmacsWiki uses the Oddmuse engine; a Wiki engine written in Perl.

Indeed, as you have guessed, the license text is a configuration setting
in the Perl backend of the Wiki (a configurable footer for all pages).
It is common for all the pages of the Wiki, so you would have to contact
Alex Schroeder to install a change and it would affect all the pages of
the Wiki.