Re: Windows-specific questions about Bazaar

From: Alexander Belchenko
Subject: Re: Windows-specific questions about Bazaar
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 00:15:49 +0200

Eli Zaretskii пишет:
>> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
>> Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 20:29:24 +0100
>> Cc: address@hidden
>>
>> I actually use pageant.exe that came with plink and putty to login to
>> Launchpad for bzr. However I am obviously not using plink. Or I do not
>> believe so. BZR_SSH is not set and plink is not in PATH.
>>
>> However it works.
>
> Sure, it works; I didn't want to imply it doesn't I think the default
> SSH client (paramiko, whatever that is) uses pageant for
> authentication, but plink is not used unless BZR_SSH is set.

I'm not quite understand your last remark.

paramiko library can use password authentication, or SSH keys authentication
via pageant,
automatically. Regardless of presence of plink.
So if you're using plink + pageant successfully, you can use bzr + pageant
without problems.

Using paramiko on Windows is safe choice.